Top Banner

Friday, February 03, 2012

More Goodies - Round 2

Well it was inevitable, I started munching through my stash and had to restock.

Fancy Some Pocky + Soy Milk?

Well a few days ago, I grabbed a bunch of stuff on my trip to J-Town. For those that aren't local readers, J-Town is a mini mall/plaza that hosts a bunch of shops including: Bakery Nakamura, Boutique Ai, Cafe Green Tea, Café Green Tea, Famu the Meats Store, Heisei Mart the Japanese grocery store. My main purpose was to hit Heisei Mart but I'll be sure to visit the cafe in the future; you can visit their site by clicking here (They're located at 404 and Steeles). Well among some of the things I picked up was the aforementioned Pocky and 2 bags of Tohato Tyrant Habanero chips. And onto the reviews!
     The pocky was great, as always, 'nuff said.


     What I really brought me joy were the chips.
Gnarly!
Initially, I wanted to try these out when I first ordered from JBox but I ran out of funds to get these chips. (Instead I got these items and reviewed them earlier in 2011, see below).
Japanese Treats (3 of 3) - Melty Kiss Chocolate


 On the surface, they look like a mix between hickory sticks and ringos but once you actually munch on them, have a cup of milk (or soy milk) ready. Eat them only a few at a time cause they can really burn you bad. They have the perfect mix of hot and salty and don't really deter you from eating more. I'll be sure to pick up more the next time I visit.

I hopped on to JBox to see if I cound sitll find the chips and here they are if anyone wants to try them.
http://www.jlist.com/product/OKA705  3 Pack for ~$7.50.


What chips do you enjoy the most? What's your favourite flavour? Let me know in the comments below!

12 comments:

Interwebs Fails said...

I want those chips. :D

Dreadnaught said...

Hmmm..I find that most "hot" chips are not hot at all or near as hot as I would expect them to be..I do order online these kind of snacks including jlist (when im not broke) so I will give these a try. They look good.

Sub-Radar-Mike said...

Those chips look seriously sinister.

Adam said...

That's one evil looking pepper. I've think I've seen that bag at the Asian grocery store. They have 2 decent ones near my town. Not enough Japanese candies though.

Mark said...

I wish I had a place like that near me :'(

Heaven. said...

Too spicy!

My 2 Pesos said...

Do want! :D

neatfit said...

Now that.is.expensive. I'm glad I have no desire to get any kind of chips whatsoever, I do like spicy foods though.

DWei said...

I'm not too picky actually. Snack food is snack food.

Ty-shaun Aristoph Coles said...

I'd kill for those chips! Don't let me see you eating those one day because I will walk up to you with a hoodie on and snatch them (I'm serious. . .) I'm called an Asian child who was born into the wrong ethnicity, so, I would indeed attack a store owner holding those chips, FOR those chips.

You can really stack up on food. Maybe, one day, when I hit J-Town in the far future, you could direct me toward that junk food!

Awesome Post! I hope you can check out my blog :)

Jason said...

Personally I'm a big fan of All-Dress chips. Kind of a flavor overload! :D

I've decided i'm going to add you blog to the list of blogs I check out every morning over my cup of coffee, and I'd enjoy it if you did the same for me. You might like my blog: http://3tag.blogspot.com/

Shaw said...

I like salt and vinegar chips

Post a Comment