Top Banner

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Japanese Treats! Lotte Black Black Gum (Part 2 of 3)

Caffeine filled gum!
   Continuing my series of reviews on my confectionery purchase, Lotte Black Black Gum is next on my list.
This type of gum was available in two sizes, in the rectgular 9-stick pack, or in the plastic bottle.
What makes this gum unique is that it is caffeinated.







Check out a Japanese commercial of  of Black Black Gum featuring Duke Toko/Golgo 13.

Whenever I still feel that I haven't woken up yet, and I need to get to class, I just pop one of these. Do they actually work? Well, I can't really vouch for it, but I do feel more awake (even by the intense mint taste of it alone, could also be a placebo effect).

There is an additional feature for the plastic container one. You can see in my pic that there is what looks like green post-it notes inside the container. They're actually little pieces of paper that you can spit your gum into and throw out! How convenient.

Anyways, if you want to check this gum out visit the Jbox link towards the bottom of this post.

I do not own or take credit for the video above.

How to you stay awake for the day or get away from the 2:30 feeling? A cup of coffee? A slap in the face? Any interesting gum out there you'd like to introduce?

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Black gum? Sounds cool, I'd get some if I had any extra money.

Z said...

I usually just sleep when I am tired. :P but these gum remind me of gum I used to have that was made to look like band-aids. It was interesting and tasted good! Also, how is the taste? Most "energy gums" I have tried tasted horrible.

animestan said...

The taste is more of a strong mint, menthol taste. It's not that bad, but definitely a type of gum I've never seen before, but now enjoy.

Snack Radius said...

Lol i want some of this. And i've seen a japanese cig that looks like the same label. Weird

psychpost said...

lol nice, check out my latest post. it's about effect of caffeine on memory.

Erik said...

Reminds me of black licorice. Gross but good. Nice post!

SkyBlue said...

lol that's one funny commercial for the candy

I have followed your blog, could you follow my blog too and +1 my blog? Thanks!

Sky Stock Analysis

Post a Comment