Top Banner

Friday, July 22, 2011

Capitalism Ho!

Although Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale came out awhile ago, I only got my hands on it now and I wish I started earlier.

The RPG element of Recettear
The story in Recettear is quite simply. Your dad apparently had a huge loan and ran off, leaving you behind to repay the debt. You, being Recette, is just a little girl and has no idea what to do. Tear, a fairy with the finance company comes up with the idea of opening an item shop and profit form it to repay the debt.

Throughout the game, you'll be playing two roles, one as a shopkeeper and one as an adventurer.As a shopkeeper, you're able to purchase items for resale, interact with other characters and negotiate with customers.

Capitalism indeed
A way to acquire goods is to simply explore dungeons by hiring adventurers. When you do hire someone, you'll play that role for the time being. Loot and items found during your adventure can be easily sold for high profits.


When I first started this game, I felt awkward because it kind of felt like a visual novel (this game was originally Japanese and has a bit of Japanese voice overs) but then we see many aspects of this unique game. Each character also develops throughout the game and it's really hilarious at times to see the naive yet honest personality of Recette. The RPG element of the game seems to be fairly balanced. It offers the player to use multiple characters while equipping a variety of equipment. Overall, I love this game and have yet to finish it and look forward to how it comes to a close.

I do not own or take credit for all of the above images, if you would like them to be taken down, please message me.
 
Have you played Recette? Gone through any visual novels?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really fun game

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea for a game!

tamezisclutch said...

The game looks pretty cool I would play it.

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Haha well it's definitely unique...

Thoon said...

I love this game, I got it when it was first released along with several of my friends. It's wonderful fun.

Shaw said...

I love this game, Recette is so adorable in it.

Internet Catch Of The Day said...

Might have to try this one out! So many games, so little time!

Cameron said...

Looks like an awesome game. But, it's really hard to find. :P

Alice said...

I quite enjoyed it though it was very annoying when I was just about done for the final payment, but then acidentally bought something when I thought I was selling it, just missing the target and failing.

Magixx said...

thats nice :D
love anime style games

Anonymous said...

I'd like to play

DieNand said...

Great game although I never got to finish it. :(

Post a Comment